Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving!

Hi... apologies for the lack of posting. i definitely do have to get you all updated.

Unfortunately, i don't have any photos yet from thanksgiving dinner, but it was a great night. we had a lovely time. the turkey was great (thanks to that thermometer thing), the mashed potatoes too, the pies were yummy. and everything turned out o.k. i can put some photos on when i get around to downloading them from my camera.

For now, you can enjoy some photos from the weekend of me dog-sitting vanessa and vincent's peter... isn't he adorable? he took me for a walk on Saturday. i asked him so many times where we were going, but he wouldn't tell me. and then the leash tightened... he launched forward, gasping and huffing at his tiny prey, helpless, but for the thin metal wires of a plastic cage -- full of baby bunnies. i realized at this point that they were only safe because of my hold on this leash. i felt the responsibility tighten around my wrist. i really would have felt horrible if peter destroyed the baby bunnies in front of the adorable children who were there... begging for a bunny for christmas. lucky for them, i restrained the beast from his attack (but i still had to wait about 20 minutes before his highness was ready to leave...). we made a bond that day, peter and i, he'd love me forever because i let him go to the pet store and drool at all the little helpless animals - something his parents don't really accept as normal behavior. i'm like the cool babysitter that gives you chocolate before sending you to bed really late after watching a PG-13 movie.
This is just because she is irresistible.

My workmate sent me this photo of simon from when she was just a little kitty. i am so sorry, but i had to put it on. do you all hate me for this excessive cat attention? do you think i'm weird?

5 comments:

peter said...

Chère Emelie,

I can't stop thinking about you and those wonderful walk we had together this WE. I miss you a lot. My matsers refuse to bring me back to the shop. Please come back

God bless America

Avec tout mon amour

Peter

peter said...

oh and by the way, it's true I am beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Em,
Peter is a very smart dog. I love reading the comments he sends you. I think he loves you.very much, but you do spoil him so!

love,
MOM

ps. Those pies from Thanksgiving dinner looked wonderful. I especially loved the decorative leaf on one of the pies. Will you make a pie for us for Christmas...just like that one?!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I really love the picture of you and Peter. It is so cute! Mirjam

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I really love the picture of you and Peter. It is so cute! Mirjam